The Golden Fiber
One day when I was passing by a village in West Bengal, I found those people who have made their profession to live within nature and to save it. These people are working on the Golden Fiber, Jute.
Jute is a strong vegetable fiber that has the potential to replace other non-biodegradable fibers. Countries like India, Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan, and Thailand are producing a large amount of jute with the help of villagers.
Why we should use jute?
Jute has many undeniable Eco-friendly qualities, which all are unknown to us.
- Jute is a fiber which can be grown without pesticide or fertilizer.
- It has the power to produce oxygen at a rate much higher than most plants.
- Jute cultivation enhances soil fertility, which is a great thing for agriculture.
- It is recyclable fiber.
- You can use a jute bag or other jute accessories for many years as the fiber is strong and washable.
Villagers cultivate this Golden Fiber spending months in fields. Almost 85% of the world’s jute cultivation is concentrated in the Ganges Delta.
Uses of Jute:
There are many ways to use this amazing Jute fiber.
- There are some parts of the world love jute leaves as good food. It contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, and potassium. These elements are very good for health.
- Jute can be used to make furniture.
- It is a nice fabric for clothing and accessory industry.
Nowadays, the fashion industry is focusing on sustainable fashion and many international and national designers are using natural fibers to showcase their creativity. Well-known fashion designers like Pawan Aswani and Ashis Soni have accentuated jute in Lakme Fashion Week in 2000.
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has also been taken initiatives to highlight the uses of this golden fiber in the fashion world.
Now, its time to take individual responsibility to make this environment healthy for the next generation.
Traveller 🛩 Book Lover📖 writer ✒movie maker 🎥
🗺 2 Countries, 5 cities
📍 West Bengal, India
👇 Check out my latest blog post 👇